Friday, August 05, 2005

When did I start thinking tattoos looked trashy? It wasn't when I was getting a couple of them, that's for sure! My mother warned me that they made you look easy- that it sent out the wrong message. I don't think mine say anything negative about me, but sometimes I see people and their tattoos and I think they look trashy. There's this girl who works in our building and today she had on a sun dress and the tattoo on her ankle made her look so cheap and kind of slutty. Maybe it's more her that projects that image and I'm incorrectly blaming the tattoos. I think that might be it, because really, I'm all for an appropriate amount of body art and I don't at all regret the ones I have. There's just something about big hair and too much make up combined with a smeared rose tattoo on either your ankle or chest that screams I'm a bit of a whore and desparate for attention! Sorry tattoo- it's not you that makes them trashy- they do it all on their own!

5 comments:

Ezili said...

A trashy slut is a trashy slut with or without tattoos!! You're right; it's not the tattoo, it's the woman. :)

Brian said...

Plus everyone has a tattoo now. It's almost like now the way to make a statement of individuality is by *not* getting a tattoo ;)

Pam said...

Ha! In a discussion just last night I was explaining how I think the rose tattoo on the ankle is like a screaming advertisement that the 80s was your decade. I actually think all the body art and piercing makes people easy to identify by decade.
Little rose tattoo on ankle, shoulder blade or cleavage=80s
Tribal tattoos=early to mid 90s
Pierced navel= late 90s to early new millenium

Unknown said...

That's so funny! Pam is right, although I know someone (extra trashy) who has a tattoo on her boob, circa 2000!!

Anonymous said...

I lot a tattoo on my 50th birthday and it is on my boob. But it's a very delicate, tasteful butterfly in pinks and blues. No one can see it though.. Each year when I have my mammogram even the tech says nothing to me about this great looking tattoo. What's that all about?