Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Lowly low talkers

I'm here at work and these two co-workers are trying to have a private conversation 12 inches away from me. They're speaking so quietly, that if I didn't know they were right behind me, I might think I was alone. I don't know why I find this so bothersome- it's like a part of me feels a little insulted or left out. What could be so important that they can't speak in audible tones, or at least wait until they have a moment alone? And why do they feel they need to keep it from me? What are they trying to hide?
They're speaking so damn quiet that I can't even eaves drop!

2 comments:

Ezili said...

LOL! It's sooooo annoying isn't it? Low talkers and mean talkers...what next??

Brian said...

That's nothing, my cube neighbor sings to himself in a hushed falsetto voice all day. It's like working next to mosquito in your ear.