Monday, October 13, 2008

For those of you wondering...

Home renovations suck. I wouldn't recommend it and I won't do it. ever. again. My husband has been doing most of the work but that leaves me to do the other stuff which is sometimes just as labor intensive. Here are a couple pictures of what my husband has been up to...

Those cabinets on the counter will eventually be hung on the walls. And the countertops will get a coat of tung oil and some sort of wax. And that wire hanging down will either be disconnected or used to hang laundry- we haven't decided which..

2 comments:

Mrs. Samanthacat said...

WOW!!! The cabinets look great! And is that a sink and a dishwasher I see? It's hard to believe that the room in those pictures used to be your bedroom! Looks like Mr. Ballard has been busy...Great job!

christhadasister said...

Yes, we have a sink and a dishwasher- that work! We did our first load of dishes on Sunday- it was very exciting! Yes, Mr B has been very busy- he's doing a great job and I'm so grateful!!