Sunday, September 28, 2008

I was in a baby store this weekend picking up some baby supplies, when a store employee who happened to be african american was stocking the shelves next to little miss and I. Little Miss asked quite loudly why some people had dark skin. Uhh. I told her it was because they were born that way. I don't know if that's the "PC" thing to say but I wasn't going to ignore her question (I tried, she wouldn't let me), plus what else do I say? I don't really know why some people are black and some are white or some have skin tones in between. I don't know how it happens in the scientific sense- pigment or some shit. I have no clue. So, then the moment is over and we're in another aisle. There's another store employee stocking shelves but he's an old, balding white guy, so that question is over for the time being. Until I get- "mom, why do some people not have hair?" Ok, time to go, the babies can pee on the potty and eat pot roast like the rest of us!

1 comment:

Mrs. Samanthacat said...

Way too funny! Your Miss A is a very smart girl and will always be asking smart questions!