Sunday, September 14, 2008

Counting down the minutes

Anyone else counting down the minutes til bedtime (theirs, not yours, though my bedtime countdown is in a very close second and totally contingent upon theirs.) This question is rhetorical because most moms of more than one count the minutes on occasion until it's time to say good night and then sit and breath until that tense feeling is gone from your shoulders. I'm about to have that moment. 2 out of 3 are down for the night. It's only 6:00. We worked pretty hard to have this moment. The babies only had one nap today because their morning nap was kind of late and by the time they got up from it they were only 10 minutes away from when they would have had their afternoon nap, so we sucked it up and dealt with especially crabby babies until about 5 minutes ago. Unfortunately, the oldest is the toughest and though we worked hard to keep her awake all day, she'll undoubtedly catch a second wind from her pop tart dessert and be awake long after I'll have wanted to go to bed. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I seem to spend most of my awake moments counting down the minutes.. first it's the nap time, then it's finally the bedtime.. I know just what you mean by the tense feeling slowly going away.. mine is almost gone now! ;)