Friday, November 18, 2005

My poor poopy pants

My poor little girl has been having adult sized shits and she's not too happy about it. It started about a month ago when we were all cuddling on the couch and she let out a scream as if she'd just been stabbed, turns out she was trying to pass a GIGANTIC turd. I figured she'd been eating too many veggie puffs or too much rice cereal, so I cut back on starchy foods and added some more fruits (prunes, mostly) and some juice (again with the prunes.)
So, her shits return to normal for a few weeks, but we had a bit of a set back this week. Twice already myself and raising 2 kids has had to "assist" in her bowel movements. I never thought I'd be holding onto to a piece of poop, guiding it from someone's bum. I suspect there are going to be lots of things that I never thought I'd be doing throughout the course of my daughter's life. That's the love of a mother, I guess.
I called her pediatrician who recommended a sitz bath, they said it would relax her muscles and let her go more easily. I don't think she'd have a problem relaxing her muscles if she wasn't trying to push out the titanic, but I'll try it. I'll also continue to give her lots of fruits and veggies and other things that might make her poop...
My poor little girl. To see the look of fear and confusion on her young face as she bears down just breaks my heart. She's got to be thinking WTF?? I know I am.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little miss! You'll be glad to hear that moments ago, she had a nice juicy, leaking out of her diaper poop! No screaming (except when I had to change her outfit) Let's hope that gone are the days where we'll be having to "help" her poop! I thought grammie would have been the last person I had to do that with! ;)

Teri said...

Aw! I hope my girl has an easier time of pooping than I have. Haven't introduced solid foods yet, so it's a cake walk over here in the diaper dept.

Anonymous said...

My daughter couldn't go very easily either and the doctor suggested putting a little karo syrup in her bottle. It did the trick and she was fine. Today she is a grown woman of 33 and she still has trouble pooping. Perhaps I'll suggest karo? *giggling*