Monday, November 07, 2005



I was cut off by a pedestrian this weekend which nearly caused the person behind me to crash into my backseat. I was driving through lovely downtown Dover when this man walking on the sidewalk crossed the street in front of me. He used the crosswalk like a good pedestrian, but didn't even look to see if anyone was coming. I think that's a rule for successfully crossing the streets- looking both ways.
He did it so seamlessly, too, without missing a step- from the curb to the crosswalk. I had to slam on the brakes so I wouldn't hit the stupid fucker causing the car behind me to also slam on their brakes. This caused their tires to squeal at which point the pedestrian looked up and gave me a nasty look because I had apparently interrupted his day dream. Argh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe that guy was trying to get himself hit.. maybe his nasty glare was just him being pissed off because you slammed on the brakes and foiled his plan.. or he could have been MR M (get it??)

Ezili said...

I think he was trying to end it all and you brought it to everyone's attention and now he will have to be committed--again!