Monday, November 28, 2005

It's that time of year again....

When I follow my husband into store after store Christmas shopping. I hate Christmas shopping. My husband is always trying to find just the right gift for our loved ones. I'm trying to get in and out of the store and get home. I wish there was such a thing as a "get out of Christmas free" card. Since there isn't, I'm stuck in line behind my husband at the department store.
It was in this line that my memory, which usually sucks, decides to shine and throw out a nugget of recollection. We had finally decided on a gift for my brother in law and his fiance. After what seemed like hours of shopping, we had decided that a gift of Ralph Lauren towels (on sale, of course) would be an appropriate gift for the young couple. I was thrilled to be standing in line, imaging what the rest of my day might be like now that this shopping excursion was almost over. But that's when my memory, which I thought for sure I'd destroyed years ago, starts to tug at my conscience. I start having memories of another holiday, maybe a birthday, that we'd given this same brother in law the same gift. Motherfucking towels! Ugh! I'm in line, almost at the check out, almost free, but we're about to give him the same lame ass gift again.
Damn my memory, but if you think I was giving up this tid bit of info, think again! I had worked too hard to get to that check out line to just give up. I feel guilty over this omission, but at the moment, I had no other choice but to tuck that turd back into my memory bank, hopefully to never resurface again. So, we're giving the gifts of towels (again) but really... can you ever have too many towels??

2 comments:

Teri said...

I feel your pain! I try to do it all online if I can.

Unknown said...

You can never have too many towels, or too many lame gifts from family..sorry, that's just how it goes! As you know, I totally agree with Teri..shopping on line is the way to go! That's why I'm finished (and you're not ;)