Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'm back from my somewhat relaxing weekend in Long Island. I did end up having to work pretty hard on Sunday (my mother in law had the day off and was free to babysit :( I spent 7 hours painting ceilings and window trim and now I have this terrible crink in my neck that only goes away if I look up.
Thankfully we only worked a short 7 hour day so that we could attend a Labor Day family BBQ. Just try and keep my husband away from free food and beer! The BBQ was at a relative's just two houses down from my in-laws. It's an event they've hosted for years for all of the other ocean front property owners on their road, along with family. My mother in law wanted me to meet one of their neighbors and her baby Parker because she'd had her baby just 2 weeks after I'd had my daughter. Parker's mom AnnaLise (pronounced AHHNA-LISE) is an uptight, nutbag. She seems normal enough at first glance, but after spending a few hours with her, I realized that this woman was not put together properly. She's one of those people that blinks a lot and for a long time- especially if she thinks you've just said something she agrees with. She holds those eye lids down for an eternity while nodding her head in agreement. It's kind of creepy.
She's also one of those mothers who's terrified her baby will do something to embarrass her, like spit up or poop her pants. Parker's diaper was peeking out above her pants and AnnaLise was freaking out- "Parker honey, pull up your pants" she would say to her 6 month old as she reached over to give them a yank. It's not like her thong was showing or something. Then when I commented on how cute Parker was, her response- "oh, they're both cute" as if I was suggesting that Parker was cuter than my daughter.. Wierdo. I'm glad the weekend is over, or at least that part of it is.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesn't Ahhna-lise know that you have the cutest baby ever?? Poor little Parker.. she's no doubt going to inherit those annoying blinking habits of her mom! How old was this lady anyway??

christhadasister said...

she was early 30's, I guess...

Ezili said...

Did you start fluttering your eyelids too?? Sometimes you can't help it when it goes on forever like that. Blink, blink, blink!! She must be a nutbag if she thought her baby was cuter than yours--there's just NO WAY

Teri said...

hilarious for us, scary for parker-- she will probably grow up with a complex from having an uptight mom who's impossible to please!

Anonymous said...

shoot at 6 months I would pull her pants down not up get in her diaper and play with her soft little pussy