Friday, April 28, 2006

I hope no one's looking!

I'm not sure how I agreed to this, but it's happening, in less than 24 hours and there's nothing I can do now to stop it, lest I want to deprive my kid from a 1/2 hour of fun with her mom- that is if her mom can get over the fact that no one really gives a shit about how nasty she thinks she looks in a swim suit.
My husband has been taking little miss to swimming lessons for the last several Saturdays. Well, this Saturday he can't and I've been delegated to the duty/humiliation and since these lessons are paid for in full, not pay as you go, I'm destined to go, regardless of how much I think my pride and/or dignity may or may not be worth (certainly more than the cost of this swim lesson).
So, I'm going to suck it up (and suck it in) and take my little girl swimming. I know she'll love that I'm actually in the pool with her rather than on the sidelines hiding from her view. I just wish I hadn't eaten that extra helping of take out last night or that I'd passed on birthday cake at work last week and maybe taken the stairs instead of the elevator, etc, etc...

2 comments:

Ezili said...

Oh stop! You are beautiful inside and out, ESPECIALLY to little miss! Seeing the glee on her face having her mom in the water with her should outweigh the worries about what others think. Those that love you, love you because of who you are, whether you are buff or a little rough--those that don't, well F87K THEM!! :)

Unknown said...

Make sure you tell Little Miss how hot you look in that bathing suit! Or at the very least hold your head up high, and remember that NOBODY cares! And you can't tell me that there are mom's there who don't feel the same way as you! It's so important that you maintain a positive body image for your little girl! Look what mom did to us.. break the cycle sistahfriend!